Hollyhand House

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Statue Dedication

On Mother's Day, we had a statue of Jesus dedicated in Mrs. Cindy's memory at First United Methodist Church.  The church has created a Prayer garden in the courtyard and the statue and benches were yet to be added.  Mr. Doug and the family wanted to dedicate something in her memory and this was a wonderful choice!  The statue is made of Italian white marble and is the work of the Italian sculptor, Carlo Roppa.  It is beautiful in person!  The verse at the bottom is "My peace I give you" John 14:27.  That verse is so fitting for what Mrs. Cindy went through.  Even though she was often in so much pain, she always lived in peace. 
I know Mrs. Cindy was smiling down at her family together for something so special in her honor and memory.


 
 
 
 
 
 
Amanda (Riley's Sister), Wesley
& Duncan
Leigh, Brian (Riley's Brother),
Ainslee and Brilyn
Our family picture didn't go so well...
 
I was so glad my parents were able
to come to church and the dedication
with us.
Riley with his Dad and siblings
PopPop and the 5 grandkids
The flowers in the sanctuary were also in memory of
Mrs. Cindy
We had a catered lunch at the Northport Civic Center
Sweet girl was tuckered out...
taking a nap on PawPaw
Anna Riley and Ainslee
Sweet Cousins...
Anna Riley, Brilyn and Ainslee
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joy said...

The statue is beautiful. I need to stop and see it sometime when I am downtown. I cracked up over your statement about your family picture!!!