Hollyhand House

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dr. Appointment (11 wks)

I went to the doctor today and they didnt do much at all. I was scheduled to have a pap smear done because before I got pregnant, I had several irregular ones and he wanted to check that. But, when I got there he said he decided to wait a couple more months on that. So, we ended up just hearing the heartbeat, which I always love hearing! The heartrate was in the 160s about the same as last time. He asked about my sickness and I told him I was still having it, it was just unpredictable and I thought the vitamins made it worse. So, he suggested that I keep taking the Flintstones with iron (what I had taken while I was in Ireland to cut down on sickness). Although, I do get sick even on the Flintstones...its just not as often and doesnt seem to be as bad. I am hoping that maybe my sickness will stop in a few weeks but I am not getting my hopes up, I know a lot of people continue to be sick for a little while. I had gained about 1/2 a pound since the last month. I was a little disappointed because at the last appointment he told me not the next..but the next we could determine the sex (meaning the end of Aug) but this time he said we would wait until Sept. uugh!

Other than that there hasnt been much going on. I dont have any cravings, however I have found that Italian food sets with me really well. I dont like chicken (which for some reason I started disliking it before I was pregnant, but now I cant stand to eat it!) I really havent been hungry as much as I thought I would be...I do try to eat small portions (a lot of fruit!) throughout the day.

I will post a belly pic soon...but for now here is the babys gifts from Ireland (since he or she traveled with us!)

5 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Yay...I have been waiting for your post! Glad your apt went well! 1/2 pound is nothing, you are doing great!

The Cannons said...

That's so exciting! Hope all goes well and the sickness subsides SOON!!

Unknown said...

Awww....I love the onsie! Glad the appt. went well :)

Candace said...

I lived on Flintstones (the only thing that kept me from getting sick, I believe).

I'm so glad everything went well, and I'm sure in a couple of weeks (second trimester), you'll feel much better!

The Sweet Life said...

So exciting!!! I can't wait to find out what you are having!