Hollyhand House

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Anna Riley's 1st birthday party--The decorations & food

I feel like I planned this birthday party since the day I found out I was pregnant!  Although some things did change, I still planned and worked on this party for a while and I loved every minute of it!!  I wanted her first birthday to be more of a color scheme than a theme because we will have PLENTY of birthdays where she picks a theme!  I decided on hot pink and orange and I love the way it turned out.  I made most of the decorations myself.  I got most of my ideas from other blogs. 
**Ribbon topiary with the favor bags
Go here to find out how to make the ribbon topiary.
(It was very easy to make but time consuming!)

I didn't put much in favor bags because honestly most people forget to get them or its mostly junk that they end up losing anyway.  So I just put some bubbles, pretzles, fruit snacks, suckers and a krazy straw.
The table in the kitchen.  had a newborn picture and then a 12 month picture.

*There were two wreaths both pink and orange.
Click here for a tutorial on making these wreaths.

**I made several tissue pom pom...I hung the big ones and did the small ones like flowers to sit on the table.
Click here to see how to make these.

*The invitation were done by my friend Peyton at  Do It Cute


The stickers were also by Do It cute (I used them on the cups and made a cheap version of cupcake toppers)

The drink station...water, pink lemonade, sweet tea, cokes and juices in the tub for the little ones.



**We had a collage made from the smash cake session. 
I love the way it turned out!!

I did not make the birthday banner.  I did not have the cutouts to do it so I ordered it

I did make the hat and decorations on the highchair.
Do it Cute did the monogramming and applique on the hat and I did the rest...super easy and these are so expensive if you buy them!

 I made a banner with her pictures from each month and just painted the letters and numbers.



The cupcakes and smash cupcake were made by a
 lady in Tuscaloosa made them and they were wonderful!

Mom helped with all the food.  We had a lot but we also had a lot of adults here so I wanted adult and kid friendly food.





2 comments:

Farris said...

Love it! You did a wonderful job! Can't believe how quickly our girls are growing up :(.

Renee said...

I love this! I am doing a pink and orange party for my daughter and I recognize a lot of stuff I have purchased. :) Good work!